Rowen's 1st Birthday

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Flashback! It's been almost 2 months since Rowen's first birthday, but it's not too late - these photos needed to get up here!

This summer has been about going sloooowww. It started off fast, with a flurry of work, Rowen's birthday, two weeks in Asia (for me), then a family week on the east coast. Whew! All I have wanted to do since then is simplify, and soak in the sunny weekends and long evenings with Ro and J. I haven't really traveled, blogged, worked out (much), cooked (much) or done any of my fave hobbies/extracurriculars in about 6 weeks. And it's been amazing! I feel refreshed and rejuvenated. I'm not used to this slow pace, but oh my goodness I didn't realize how much I needed it. All that is to say, I'm glad to be back!



On to Rowen's Birthday! :)

I have to thank our good friend Micah for snapping these shots because I was so caught up in the moment that I hardly took any! It was a simple but perfect party. Rowen had some of her best friends and fam come over, and we played games, enjoyed good food, and adventured around the ranch together. I'll never forget what it was like to watch her eyes light up when I gave her the piece of cake (like..."that's for ME??!"). Her auntie Phi gave her the sweetest gift of all - a homemade growth chart for us to mark her height on as she grows.

I was clearly emotional all weekend, but it all felt right. We're so grateful to our amazing friends and family who helped celebrate the day with us.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).