Pre-Wedding Wellness

Tuesday, May 23, 2017


Wooowee! I'll never forget these last two months of absolute wonderful craziness. I can't believe that Jim and I got MARRIED on April 15, 2017! It's fun being a wifey. 

The weeks leading up the wedding were absolute insanity. Our wedding was big. Not huge in guest count, but in scope. We brought 75 of our nearest and dearest into middle-of-nowhere Sonoma county, up windy, crazy, service-less roads, and most of them were visiting from the other side of the country. It was a 3-day event with a million moving parts, and almost every single one of our beautiful and generous guests pitched in to make it all happen. I was a melting puddle of love and gratitude all weekend long! 

I consider myself a pretty laid back person who takes things in stride, but I admit that the craziness of this planning process almost wore me down. The planning, on top of a busy time at work, on top of life with Rowen and trying to give her the kind of time and attention that I want... it was a serious practice in balance. But I made it through! With only a couple of breakdowns ;). 

So before I post about the beautiful weekend itself, I wanted to share a few things that kept me sane leading up to the big day. Maybe I can save a bride or two out there...

Yoga

I won't dive in deep here because it's likely that you already know that you love it or hate it. But I stepped up my practice a bit right before the wedding, and it saved my life. Taking the time to sweat and breathe and be mindful, all at the same time (I'm all about that time efficiency!), made such a difference in my days. I also was lucky enough to have my friend Christianna, of Wedding Yogi, come to the wedding and lead a class on the day-of, setting me up to be mindful and present all day.

Magical Potions

And what I mean by this is the energy boosting magic of my bulletproof coffee (have you tried adding butter or coconut oil to your coffee yet??), and some of the new supplements I've been adding to my smoothies from Sun Potion. Maybe it's the placebo effect, I don't know, but I'm sold! I felt like I had more energy on the days where I started off with a tasty coffee and green smoothie. I'd love to hear your favorite supplements, if you have any!

Rev32

Okay so this is the big one! I blogged a bit about Rev32 about halfway through the program. At that point I was actually feeling unsure about how much of a difference it would make, but it ended up being my savior! I had started it mostly to get back in shape a bit before the wedding, but the program did so much more than that. The blood-sugar balancing diet and Rev32 workouts helped my energy, helped me sleep, and gave me some much-needed me time.  

One of the main things that Rev32 promotes is the metabolism boosting outcomes of the program, and I was really skeptical about this (because well... I've only seen my metabolism seem to slow in recent years). But I finally started to understand what they meant when the program was over. I was thick in wedding planning mode so hate to admit it but after the program, I reverted right back to my pre-Rev32 ways...and the magic was, I kept losing weight! HELLO METABOLISM, haven't seen you in awhile! I continued to lose a couple pounds a week even when I wasn't doing the workouts or eating in the same way, showing that the composition of my body had truly changed. 

I ended up losing about 15 pounds on the program, and I'm anxious to go back to the program to see how far I can really go. For those of you in the East Bay area, let me know if you want to learn more about it, or check out the website. I couldn't recommend it enough!



That's it from me for now! I think the main reason I wanted to put this all down on "paper" is to give myself a kick in the pants to get back to these wellness-promoting habits that make me feel so good. After the wedding, we had a LOT of catching up to do, but things are finally starting to feel normal for a moment and I need to remember to take the time to take care of my body. More wedding stuff, soon!

5 comments:

  1. how many workouts a week do you do on the program?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 of the awesome trainer-led Rev32 workouts, then I'd usually fill in other days with some yoga or hikes! :)

      Delete
  2. Love those photos! I'll have to check out that Rev32 thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes you should - let me know if you have any questions.

      Delete
  3. Balance is key! Especially during stressful moments. Love this advice.

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).