Happy New Year To You

Tuesday, January 7, 2014


Don't you just love fresh starts?? I do. And I love goals and beginnings. And I love sparkles and champagne. So naturally, I'm a sucker for New Years.

It's exactly a week into 2014. Mine started with teeny tiny firework show viewed from a peak 11 miles away. Then with a bit of a cold, a lot of nice relaxation, and then a great start back at work. Now I'm ready to dive in.

I have a lot of goals for this year. Did you know that if you write down your goals, you have a much higher chance of achieving them? So here we go, I'm writing them down, everything from the vague to the dreamy to the weirdly specific.

This year I'm going to do a lot of yoga, eat an almost-paleo diet (I'll post on that soon), and hike and run more than last year. I'm going to get to bed earlier and wake up earlier. Last year was the year of exploring our new home, this year we'll go a bit further - I'm going to travel to Hawaii or Alaska, or maybe even both. I'm going to keep developing my mindfulness practice. I'm going to absolutely rock it at work. I'm going to be purposeful in everything that I do. I'm going to get my darn wisdom teeth out once and for all (it's been on my to-do list since 2008). I'm going to print more photos and put them up around the house. I'm going to make sure Jimmy knows how much he's loved and appreciated every day. I'm going to do more hike-in camping, and improve my photography skills and keep learning Italian. And I'm going to keep writing about it here, because I love it.

It's going to be a good a year, right? I hope yours is starting off with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).